Thursday, January 13, 2011

1and1

URL: http://order.1and1.com/

Rating: 2.5 out of 5

Key Features:

  • Unlimited Bandwidth
  • Many Site-Building Tools
  • Adwords Vouchers
Review:
The host is known to provide a lot of hosting offers. As I am writing this, there is an on-going offer at their web site of free hosting on 3 out of 4 hosting planes for 6 month. Only setup fee will be charged. That sounds to be very impressive at first. But the offer is useless if the service isn't good enough. Users of their service complaigned about low cutomer support. Following is a review I found on the web:

I hosted a personal website on 1and1 for a while. It worked okay, but, when I decided to let it expire, I learned why they have such a bad reputation. They default to an auto-renewal of your account, which they never tell you about. The result is, if you are not reading all of your junkmail from 1and1 (WHICH YOU WILL GET TONS OF), you won't notice the one email they slip in telling you of the re-up. If your card has not expired, you will get charged. If your card has expired, as mine did, they send you to collection without further notice. I've never had a bill go to collections, but now I have with them. For a (&*^^* $20 bill! AVOID THESE SCAMSTERS LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

Source: http://www.webhostingjury.com/reviews/1and1

No comments:

Post a Comment